Monday, February 23, 2009

French Fries

potatoes, cut into fry-sized pieces
1 C flour
seasonings of choice

Put flour and seasonings in a large bowl. ( I used seasoned salt, garlic salt, salt, and black pepper. About 1 tsp of each except I put more seasoned salt and pepper because I wanted them a little spicy. You could also use Cayanne pepper, paprika... basically anything you want. Some people have even put a packet of ranch dressing mix for ranch flavored fries.) Add enough water to the mixture to be able to drizzle it from a spoon. ( The thinner it is the less coating you will have on your fries.) Put the potatoes into the bowl and stir them around to get them evenly coated. (I used a tupperware bowl with a lid and shook it.) If baking them, put them out onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at about 375 until soft on the inside and crispy on the outside ( abt 45 min. depending on thickness of fries). They will stick together because of the batter, I cut them apart with kitchen scissors. If frying, place into the oil one at a time to prevent them from sticking to each other. These reheat really well in the oven so don't throw away the leftovers. :)

We like them with fry sauce. Ketchup, Mayo, and a little Worchestershire sauce.
[If you cover the potatoes with water after you chop them it will prevent them from turning brown while you make the batter.]

No comments:

Post a Comment